International police association (IPA) is a professional organization of police officers estabilished on the 1st of January 1950, which gathers over 600 000 members in 65 countries. It is the only international organization of serving and retired police officers, regrdless of function, rank, religion, gender, nationality etc. IPA is politically independent organization and unrelated to any other organization or association. It’s open for the police officers from all countries, for simple and unlimited relations between them and it also provides a possibility for mutual exchange of professional experiences.
IPA is non-profit organization based on principles which are founded on articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted by the United Nations General Assembly on 1948. It was registered on the basis of it’s goals at the United Nations, the Council of Europe, the Organisation of United States of America with the consultative status as an international organization, which maintains the relationship with UNESCO and EUROPOL.
The motto ”Servo per Amikeco” (Service through friendship) has reached many people in order to build bridges of friendship and international collaboration between police officers. Arthur Troop, a former police sergeant, was the founder of IPA.
For instance, IPA Slovenian section has 6 000 members, IPA Croatia has 7 000 members, IPA Romania- 70 000. All policemen in Israel are members of IPA. In Austria and USA IPA exists 51 years.
Participation in IPA contributes to the integration of the Republic of Serbia in many international institutions and inproves the reputation of our police in the world.
AIMS OF THE ASSOCIATION
1) promotion of the exchange of professional experience
2) promotion of the friendship between police officers from the member states
3) improvement of the relations between police and pubblic opinion
4) encouragement of social and humanitarian activities
5) encouragement of cultural and sports cooperation between police officers of member states
ACTIVITIES OF THE ASSOCIATION:
The association organizes following activities:
1) courses and trainings for police officers
2) internation seminars related to the police profession and issues
3) encounters between police officers from member states in order to share professional experiences on various issues
4) stay in IPA houses for all members at very affordable prices
5) cultural and sports cooperation between police officers from member states
6) scolarships for talented students with insufficient income
7) collects humanitarian aid for policemen members of IPA organization who perished because of natural disasters, disesase,…
ESTABILISHMENT OF IPA REGION BELGRADE
IPA Region Belgrade was founded on the 5th of May 2011 on the First Founding Assembly in Belgrade. After 3 years it was registered as an independent region on the Second Founding Assembly composed of:
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
1) academician prof. PHD Nebojsa Pantelić, president
2) msc Nena Kricak, vice president
3) msc Taša Mitrović, vice president
4)Milan Radović, member of BD
5)Dragica Hnatko, member of BD
6)Aleksandar Trajković, member of BD
7)Slavko Babić, member of BD
8) Dejan Marinković, secretary
9) Marija Trajković, assistant secretary
10) Zoran Lukić, treasurer
11) Zoran Tomanović – spokesmen
working hours from 10:00am untill 15:00pm
1. Mirjana Mihailović – president
2. Bojan Stojadinoviv – member
3. Zorica Djerić – member
4. Olga Marković – member
COURT OF HONOR:
1. Mirjana Smiljanić – president
2. dr Sinisa Dostić – member
BOARD OF EDUCATION
- Prof. dr Igor Pejović- president
- dr Jelena Slović- member
SERVO PER AMIKECO
(„Service through friendship“)
TO GET TOGETHER MEANS BEGINNING, TO WORK TOGETHER MEANS PROGRESS, TO STAY TOGETHER MEANS SUCCESS.